The Pulse Podcast includes interviews, weekly biblical studies, and also featured talks. This episode is a category of the later.
I was recently asked for some book recommendations that would grow someone’s faith and discipleship. It was asked in the context of Lent by someone who is trying to be proactive in learning about God. But the suggestions are good for any time of the year.
In this informal video I simply introduce these eight books.
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism, Timothy Keller
- Saint Francis (novel), Nikos Kazantzakis
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- The Pilgrim’s Progress, John Bunyan
- I am a Church Member, Thom Rainer
- The Case for Easter, Lee Strobel
- Knowing God, J.I. Packer
- The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
In addition to listening to the episode on the podcast, you can also watch the video below.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts:
Hi, Matthew! As my Brit friend would say, I’m “chuffed” to see that (if I’m not mistaken) two of these books were included on what I brought to you from my Dad’s library! Blessings, and be well! Rory ________________________________